Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts started out in 1870 as a picnic grove called Gallup's Grove.  Around the turn of the century the name changed to Riverside Park and in 1911 rides began to pop up at the site.  From 1933 through 1939 it was closed due to the Great Depression and its aftermath.  In 1940 Riverside Park opened back up and has stayed open since then.  In 1997 Premier Parks purchased Riverside Park and in 1999 they took over the Six Flags chain of parks.  As a result Riverside Park was changed into Six Flags New England with addition of numerous rides, a water park and other investments.  Today it is a fantastic park with several world class coasters and other rides.

To see photos and a trip report from Six Flags New England click on the year below.


2014



2009




Home


Copyright 1999 - 2017

Paul B. Drabek