1. Please keep discussion reasonably on-topic. While friendly joking around is never a bad thing, total threadjacks aren't acceptable. What we don't want to see here is an announcement about new pictures posted to the site turning into a discussion of politics or why one park is horrible compared to another. There are other threads for this, and such posts will either be moved to the appropriate forum or deleted, according to the judgement of the Site Admins.
2. To avoid any confusion, forums at this time are moderated by Paul Drabek and Mental Rose. If you have a question or complaint about something we've done, please do contact one of us. Please do not use the forum as your personal ranting board about our methods.
3. Flaming is an absolute no-no here. We'd like to see this board become a close-knit community. So, while other boards and newsgroups have an attitude of "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen," this board's rule of thumb is "If you gotta make heat, go to someone elses' kitchen to do it." We understand that disagreements are inevitable, but it is entirely possible to do so in a respectful manner. Users who insist on flaming will be subject to the following consequences:
- First offense: Warning, offending post deleted.
- Second offense: Offending post deleted, 3-day suspension from boards.
- Third offense: Offending post deleted, user ban.
Paul's simple rule to follow for this: Be excellent to each other!
4. Please try to keep comments family-friendly. We require parental permission for users under 13 to use the boards; that being said, please keep in mind that there will likely be younger users here and certainly users under 18. Keep swearing to a minimum and adult discussions absent, please.
5. Hate speech OF ANY KIND is not tolerated. The same 3-strike warning system applies for hate speech as for flaming. Again, it is perfectly fine to disagree with a group's policies and say so, but do so in a respectful manner.
Hopefully we can keep these rules in the realm of common sense rather than having to write a rule for every tiny contingency - if you want to do something that isn't specifically mentioned one way or another, please stop and think about it and see if it fits in with the type of community we've outlined here before you post it. The Site Admins are the final arbiters here of what is allowable and what isn't. We will do our best to be fair to everyone involved at all times, please do your best not to take advantage of that.